Flare is a fast-growing tech startup building the emergency response of the future. Our 24-hour rescue.co Dispatch Centre provides life-saving services to hundreds of thousands of Kenyans and our platform powers emergency response for SOS and EMS applications.
Our vision is that no matter where you are, or who you are, emergency response is only minutes away. Over the last four years, we’ve built and deployed a lifesaving platform and assembled the largest network of ambulances and first responders in East Africa. Our platform has reduced response times by more than 80% and saved thousands of lives from previously impossible situations. We are expanding our operations and looking for passionate, hardworking, and effective team members to spearhead this next phase of growth.
The team: We are 30+ business & ops specialists, software engineers, and emergency dispatchers based in Nairobi and operating throughout Kenya. We are a goal-driven and results-oriented team focused on the continuous improvement of our technologies and dispatch operations. We value agility, grit, and innovation.
Who you are: You love numbers and figures. You notice details. You can pick out accounting discrepancies in a heartbeat. You think about how you can automate your daily tasks and enjoy improving efficiencies. You embrace new technology and apps. You have a passion for start-ups and thrive when working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You have recently started your career in accounting, and are looking for your next challenge.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creation of invoices and allocation of payments received.
- Processing bill payments.
- Verify payments and deposits made through the company accounts.
- Weekly & monthly reconciliation of the company accounts.
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Posting daily receipts.
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts.
- Generating ETR receipts for all Vatable invoices.
- Perform any ad-hoc finance-related duties as may be required.
Basic requirements for the role:
- 0-2 years of work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance/ CPA equivalent qualification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Things that will make you stand out:
- Experience in fast-growing start-ups.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude.
- Experience using QuickBooks will be an added advantage.
Use the button below to submit your application. Please include the following:
- A 1-page resume (or CV) that highlights your most relevant experience. Make sure your resume is not more than 1 page long and is in PDF form. we will not review any applications that do not adhere to this standard. Make sure to highlight the most relevant positions or educational history, pointing out achievements and specifics of your role that you think we should know about. We will disqualify applications including resumes longer than one page or that include any grammatical, formatting, or spelling errors.
- Answers to the requested questions.